Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Garden

I planted a garden. cucumbers here, green beans there. couple rows of watermelon, some peppers, tomatoes, and some corn. I watered my garden everyday. soon I saw some greenery sprout up. yay! a few days later as I was walking in the yard, I saw some plants that looked just like my garden. ugh! weeds! so I walked over to my 'baby' and started plucking. soon after, it began to sprout again. CORN! YAY! no weeds this time but the corn was sure growing fast. up came the green beans. next came the melons and 1 each pepper and tomato. everyday for a week I was able to pluck 2 single string beans from my garden. not enough to make a meal. soon they withered away. summer heat. I saw the corn was ripe for harvest and plucked em off. good eatin, right? uh...no. each ear was only half full of kernel. they too withered away. summer heat! someone drug a hose across my pepper and it broke. :(. I noticed a yellow bloom on my tomato. Alright! but I wanted watermelon. they branched out, yet did not produce fruit. they too, withered away. still no cucumbers. summer heat! I continued to water my tomato plant which had grown to be a rather big vine. no one understood why I kept watering a plant that would soon wither and die. but I saw a lil more everyday. green then red. and ready for pickin. on the day o harvest I was excited! I plucked my tomato and looked at it. small and scarred but red as can be.I was so proud of that tomato. the others flourished until it began to get hot. then they dried up. but through all the heat, that tomato grew. when I plucked that tomato and showed it off ppl looked at me like I was crazy. rejoicing over a tiny scarred tomato.. See, when I saw the tomato, God showed me that I was that tomato. When others around me could not withstand the heat, they quit. The cucumbers never grew, green beans weren't fruitful enough, corn incomplete, melons unfruitful, and peppers destroyed. but that tomato was determined to make it. no matter how hot it was. scarred and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment